The site accessible at www.actemium.com (the “Site”) is destined to provide personal information to its users.
Updated information : 1st July 2019
The website is the property of Actemium
Défense Plaza – 23-27 Rue Delarivière-Lefoullon
Tél. : +33 (0)1 83 75 68 66
Director of Publication
Henk Bruggeman, Marketing & Communication manager
OVH, New London House, 6 London Street, EC3R 7LP, London
Registration number: 5519821
VAT number GB 918 7594 74.
OVH LIMITED is a subsidiary of OVH Groupe SAS, a company registered with the Lille company registry under the number 537 407 926 sise 2, rue Kellermann, 59100 Roubaix.
Guido Gezellelaan 18
tel +32 (0)51 250 600
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Actemium collects information from the website in two ways: (1) passively (for example, through cookies and similar technology), and (2) actively (for example, if you send us an e-mail request).
- Information like your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is used for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains, security and to report on statistics.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access (including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data). Please see our Cookies policy below for more information.
- We also collect information when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example, name, company function, company name, e-mail, phone number and country.
- Information that you provide by submitting forms on our website. This includes registering to use the site, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for an event, requesting a white paper or applying for a job. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further explanation as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
Information that you submit to us when you want to engage in business with us.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Responses to surveys that we distribute in which you elect to participate.
Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to an Actemium site.
When this information relates to or identifies you, we will treat it as “personal data.”
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data through our website. If we do seek to collect such data, we will ask you to expressly consent to our proposed uses of the data. If you provide us with unsolicited sensitive personal data, you are consenting to our use of that data subject to applicable law. The term “sensitive personal data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by European and other data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent. These categories comprise personal identity numbers, data about personality and private life, financial account information, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, political opinions, membership of political parties or movements, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union or profession or trade association, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, addictions, sexual life, property matters or criminal record (including information about suspected criminal activities).
Cookies and Automatically Collected Information
We analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our website, to help us identify ways to improve it and, eventually, to determine how we can tailor our website to make it a more positive and relevant user experience. Please see our Cookies policy here below for more details.
Information You Provide
We use personal data that you submit to us to provide you with relevant information, process requests you submit through the website, and for other purposes which we describe at the point where it is collected. For example, we use personal data to:
- Fulfill your requests for white papers, articles, newsletters or other content.
- Personalize your site experience.
- Process job applications you submit.
- Determine your suitability as an Actemium business partner.
- Provide you with additional information about Actemium services.
- Respond to technical questions you submit and request clarification if needed.
We will not sell personal data to third parties. We generally only share personal data with our contracted service providers and advisors. However, there will be other times when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose. For example:
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via Actemium’s website. Further, we make reasonable efforts to delete or destroy personal data when there is no longer a business need to retain it.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a global organization, personal data that we collect may be routed, stored, or transferred internationally throughout Actemium’s worldwide organization. We have internal policies in place that are designed to ensure an equivalent level of protection is in place across our organization.
Actemium will also use and process information submitted by you for Actemium’s internal analytics purposes in order to advance our Core Values and Code of Business Ethics, particularly on diversity.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by using our Contact Us page.
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications sent to you at any time by using the unsubscribe link included in every marketing email footer. In addition, you may submit your request through our Contact Us page.
If you cannot find what you are looking for here, or have a concern about our use of your personal data, please contact Data Privacy. In addition, to find the Actemium affiliate in your country, visit our Contact Us page.
You shall remain solely liable for the Content of any messages or other information you upload or transmit to Actemium. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Actemium, and its officers, directors, employees, owners from any claim, action, demand, loss, or damages (including attorneys’ fees) made or incurred by any third party arising out of or relating to your conduct, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any rights of a third party.
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a hypertext link to this Web site provided such link does not portray Actemium or any of its products and services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise defamatory manner. This limited right may be revoked at any time, and you agree to promptly remove any such links at Actemium’s request. You may not use, frame, or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Actemium trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, including the images found at this Web site, the content of any text, and the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page without Actemium’s express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel, or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of Actemium or any third party.
Actemium makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, privacy policies, nature, or reliability of Web sites accessible by hyperlink from this Web site, or Web sites linking to this Web site. The linked sites are not under the control of Actemium, and Actemium is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any review, changes, or updates to such sites. Actemium is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement, or adoption by Actemium of the site or any information contained therein.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES
Actemium may provide links to Web pages and content of third parties as a service to those interested in this information. Actemium does not monitor nor does it have any control over any Third Party Content or third party Web sites or the privacy policies of such Web sites. Actemium does not endorse or adopt any Third Party Content and can make no guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. Actemium does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any information contained therein, and undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content. Users use these links and Third Party Content contained therein at their own risk.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL ACTEMIUM, OR ITS OFFICES, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, OR EMPLOYEES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHER FORM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THIS WEB SITE.
Notwithstanding any of these terms and conditions, Actemium reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use this Web site, and to block or prevent future access to and use of this Web site.
Contact us for general inquiries, or with technical questions or comments about Actemium’s Web site.
If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies do a lot of different jobs, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Some cookies we use are from third party companies, such as (vb. Google Analytics, Marketo, ..) to provide us with web analytics and intelligence about our sites. These companies use programming code to collect information about your interaction with our sites, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on, and how long you are on our sites. This code is only active while you are on an Actemium website. For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies.
We may also use web beacons (including conversion pixels) or other technologies for similar purposes as above and we may include these on our sites, in marketing e-mail messages or our affiliated websites, to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device, but they may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor website activity. The information provided below about cookies also applies to web beacons and similar technologies.
What if I don’t want cookies?
By using our site you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained below. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this.
Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our site or click on a link in a targeted email that we have sent you, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
More information on how to delete or modify cookies can be found here:
Changing your browser settings
We draw to your attention that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the “Options” or “Preferences” menu of your web browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should consult the ‘Help’ function in your web browser for more details.
What types of cookies are there and which ones does the site use?
Strictly Necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
We categorise the following as Strictly Necessary cookies:
- Registered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognise them through their visit and when they return to the site. (See also Functionality cookies below.)
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a site works.
We categorise the following as Performance cookies:
- Referrer URL (internal page) – Used to store the URL of the previous page visited. Allows us to track how visitors navigate throughout our site.
- Referrer URL (external page, including if you click on links on Actemium social media pages) – Used to store the URL which refers a visitor to our site so we may understand which URLs are referring visitors to our site.
- URL history – Used to store the pages visited by a user.
Unregistered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each visitor to allow analysis on how unregistered visitors use our site. Session Management cookies – These cookies allow us to follow the actions of a user on our sites during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window, visits our sites and finishes when they leave our sites and close their browser window. Our Session Management cookies are created temporarily. Once you close your browser, our Session Management cookies are deleted.
Functionality cookies – These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide more enhanced, personal features. For instance, a site may be able to provide you with local information or news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other customisable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. We may use information collected from our cookies to identify user behaviour and to serve content and offers based on your profile. In some cases we pass this information on to others within Actemium for marketing or analysis purposes. In most cases we will not be able to track individuals by name; only if a user is a registered user will we associate the cookie information with a named individual.
These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
We categorise the following as Functionality cookies:
- Recently viewed pages – Stores pages visited by the user on our site and displays them in right hand navigation for easy reference.
- Search history – Stores searches on our site conducted by the user and displays them for the user in the right-hand navigation for easy reference.
Registered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user to our site, used to serve them content and offers based on their profiles. Also used for analysis and marketing purposes. (See also Strictly Necessary cookies above.)
Targeting cookies – These cookies are used to (1) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests; (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; (3) help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and (4) understand people’s behaviour after they view an advertisement. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
At Actemium we do not have third-party advertising on our site, so we do not use these Targeting cookies for advertising, but we may use them for gathering analytics and intelligence about the site. The Targeting cookies may also be used on third party websites and third parties may use them on our websites as follows:
- Actemium advertisements on non-Actemium sites – Cookies may be placed on non-Actemium sites so that when you click on an Actemium advertisement located on these sites, Actemium is provided with this information to enable us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Non-cookie technologies – As discussed above, Actemium also employs technologies that perform similar functions to cookies, but may not respond to browser settings intended for use with cookies. These include web beacons and other similar technologies.
- We may use reputable third parties to gather and provide us with information about our website and advertising audiences and to deliver targeted advertisements on third party sites. These third parties will only use anonymous identifiers and have no way of associating these identifiers with identifiable users.
- Targeted email – We send emails to individuals with whom we want to develop or maintain a relationship. Our targeted email messages typically include web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in an email you receive from Actemium, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our sites.
Mobile apps and mobile websites – By accessing websites on your mobile device, your unique device identifier, and mobile device IP address, as well as information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier, and your location information (if you have consented) may be collected.
If you have any questions now or during your visit, please submit your request through our Contact Us form. In addition, to find the Actemium affiliate in your country, visit our Contact Us page.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS COOKIES
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|_gat_UA-49238450-1||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_||1 minute|
More information: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
For cookies placed by third parties (e.g. Google Analytics), please refer to the statements made by these parties on their respective websites. Please note, we cannot exert any influence on the content of those statements, nor the cookie content of these third parties.
Cookies and similar technologies do not allow a systematic collection of data which could identify the users of our website. They simply help us to improve the operation of our website, understand the interests of our users and measure the effectiveness of our website content.